4.23.2019

Optimizing Zazzle product pages - an example - part three

Optimizing Zazzle product pages - an example - part three

The example I am working from here . . . a "Jack of all Trades" t-shirt design on Zazzle.com is a real example of a real t-shirt design I am working to optimize and promote, so my presentation is not a seamless experience of smooth progress. There are snags and set backs that only become apparent to me at the most awkward times.

I forgot to check  with the US Patent and Trademark Office to see if there were any intellectual property rights that my design and product might infringe, and unfortunately, there is a big problem.

Trademark Electronic Search System (TESS)

A Canadian company, Vision/Eleven Apparel Management Inc., owns Trademark (# 4077726) on "Jack of all Trades" for "Men's, women's and children's clothing, namely, t-shirts, tank tops" etc.

My t-shirt design clearly infringes this Trademark, and I must change it to avoid a lot of unnecessary trouble and wasted effort.

I should have done this first, but I didn't.

There is no legal problem with the illustration based on a standard playing card Jack. The problem is with the name "Jack of all trades", which I have no right to use on a t-shirt.

I think I will change it to "Master of all Trades"

Nope. That trademark is owned by a guy in Texas, Michael Wein.

  1. Fix-it Wizard is available.
  2. Carpentry Guru is available.
  3. Maintenance Whiz is available.
  4. Master Repair might be a problem.
I'll have to think about this and how to proceed.


No comments: