4.23.2019

Optimizing Zazzle product pages - an example - part four

Optimizing Zazzle product pages - an example - part four

Here is the solution to my trademark infringement problem. I cannot use the phrase "Jack of all trades" because that is a registered trademark for the name of an online t-shirt business. So, I changed the design to "Wizard of all trades" with the same illustration. This should not present any unwanted legal problems down the road. I can still use "Jack of all trades" as a key word phrase for SEO purposes.

The link above, for example, is a link to the following shirt design on Zazzle.


https://www.zazzle.com/z/l6qag?rf=238769370457645507

I'd very much like for Google, Bing and Yahoo, or other search engines, to link "Jack of all trades" to my t-shirt design on Zazzle.

Now, back to optimization.

"Jack of all trades" cannot be used for a main product title, and unfortunately it does not appear that anyone is searching for "Wizard of all trades." There is nothing I can do about that. According to Neil Patel's key word site Ubersuggest, the phrase "Jack of all trades" has about 22,000 searches per month. "Jill of all trades" has only 880 searches a month, but there is very little competition for it. My t-shirt design "Wizard of all trades" is uni-sexual, so I'm aiming to rank for both Jack and Jill.

Another valuable key word tool is Google Correlate.

Google Correlate is part of Google Trends. According to Google, “Correlate finds search patterns which correspond with real‐world trends.” It is just a numbers game, but it can produce useful key word insights. It also produces random junk, so the results must be examined with a gimlet eye.

Two interesting key word points emerge from plugging "Jack of all trades" into the Correlate engine.

A lot of people search for fragments of the original, namely, "of all trades" and "jack of". Each are candidates for use in key word SEO optimization.

So far, my list of best key words is this:

  1. Jack of all trades
  2. Jill of all trades
  3. Master of all trades
  4. of all trades
  5. Jack of
 This is enough to get started planting links back to my Zazzle product page, and embedding each as tags on the Zazzle product page itself.

So, for example, "Master of all trades" is a phrase tag on the product page for my t-shirt design, and "Master of all trades" is a direct link to that page, even though the name of the product is "Wizard of all trades."

As I said, my research shows that several hundred folk are searching for "Master of all trades" each month, but nobody is looking for "Wizard of all trades."

(to be continued)









No comments: