8.03.2010

RSS syndication glitch No. 1

Below is a screenshot of my own Facebook page showing that my most recent RSS syndication configuration results in double posting of these Microenterprise blog posts.  The lower of the two auto-posts shown here is through a ping.fm to Facebook link, and the one above is a Tumblr.com to Facebook link.  I knew that ping.fm is a simple pass-through service, but I incorrectly assumed that the Tumblr link would limit itself to new posts that originated on Tumblr itself.  Instead, Tumble passes everything along.

I haven't yet decided how I will deal with it.  Tumblr passed on the Feedburner link back to the original post unaltered, and it is ugly, but I may have to live with it and eliminate the ping.fm to Facebook link.  Whatever I decide, the change will be reflected in an updated syndication distribution map.

Screenshot of Tom Fox Facebook web page

Tom Fox
Louisville, Kentucky
Tom Fox on Twitter

No comments: